The total amount of your property tax notice is due now and becomes delinquent after DECEMBER 31, 2015 with interest bearing at the rate of 1% per month (12% per annum).
Property owners who have not received tax notices should contact the Sheriff’s Office Tax Department at 337-828-6979 or 985-384-1622. If your taxes are held in escrow be sure that your mortgage holder has a copy of the tax notice. Also, please note that the postmark date for mailed payments is not accepted as the date of receipt.
IMPORTANT DATES AND FEES:
- February 1, 2016 – 10% collection fee and a $15 research fee
- March 1, 2016 – Additional research fee of $51.50
- April 1, 2016 – Certified interested party notice of tax sale $15
- April 18, 2016 – Fee for publication #1 in official journal $40
- May 2, 2016 – Fees for certified mail and interested party notice $16.50 plus cost of bankruptcy research and LTC change order
- May 16, 2016 – Fee for publication #2 in official journal $40
- June 3, 2016 – Fees for online tax sale costs, filing costs, and notices
- June 7, 2016 – TAX SALE STARTS AT 8:00 AM
- June 9, 2016 – TAX SALE ENDS AT 8:00 PM
To ensure timely receipt please mail early and use any of the following methods:
- Mail (check or money order) to St. Mary Parish Sheriff, P.O. Box 610, Patterson, LA 70392-0610
- Online with a credit card at http://snstaxpayments.com/stmary
- In person (cash, check, money order, or credit card) at the St. Mary Parish Courthouse, 4th Floor, Sheriff’s Office or in person (*CREDIT CARDS NOT ACCEPTED*) at the Morgan City Branch Office located at 1455 Railroad Avenue.
Please make your check payable to ST. MARY PARISH SHERIFF and include your assessment number(s) on the check.
The St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office Tax Department can be reached at 337-828-6979 or 985-384-1622. Questions concerning property tax assessments should be directed to the St. Mary Parish Assessor’s Office.