According to Sheriff Mark Hebert, the St. Mary Parish Sheriff's Office responded to 44 complaints over the last 24 hour reporting period and reports no arrests.
Around 5:00 pm yesterday, we did assist Morgan City Police in working a crash on US Highway 90 on the Morgan City bridge.
In regards to the thunderstorm that swept through St. Mary Parish yesterday evening we responded to the following complaints:
- A tree that fell onto a power line and then onto the roadway at Highway 182 and Verdun Lane, Verdunville
- A tree that hit a power line in the 900 block of Big Four Corners Road, Four Corners
- A downed power line at the corner of Southeast Boulevard and Canal Road, Bayou Vista
Deputies responded to secure the areas and subsequently turned each incident over to the power companies.
Deputies removed obstructions from roadways as they observed them during their patrol and in response to these complaints.
- A tree in the roadway on Highway 182 near Caffery Curve, Franklin
- A tree in the roadway on Duhon Boulevard, Amelia
- Debris in the roadway on Delmar Avenue, Bayou Vista
St. Mary Parish Sheriff's Office dispatch received a report of a barge that broke loose from its moorings and began moving down Bayou Boeuf. The US Coast Guard was notified and our Marine Division was contacted. Shortly after, dispatch received word that the barge had been secured.
Deputies also responded to a a report of a tree that fell on a resident's and their neighbor's vehicles on Highway 318 in Four Corners. There were no injuries. A report was completed for the complainant.
St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office
Public Information Officer
985-384-1622 Ext. 714