St. Mary Parish Sheriff Scott Anslum advises that over the last 24-hour reporting period, the Sheriff’s Office responded to 34 complaints and reports the following arrests:
UNIFORMED PATROL SECTION
Daniel Williams, Jr., 37, 427 Seventh Street, Franklin, LA was arrested on January 8, 2018 at 5:08 am possession of Schedule IV (clonazepam), introduction of contraband into a penal institution, and on a warrant for failure to appear on the charge of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. A deputy responding to a call for service on Prairie Road North in Centerville where a disturbance was reported. The deputy spoke with the subjects involved and learned that Williams refused to get out of a vehicle after being given a ride to a residence. The deputy located an active warrant for Williams and transported him to the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center. During booking, correctional deputies located a pill bottle containing dozens of clonazepam pills. The prescription listed on the bottle did not belong to Williams. No bail is set.
Ty Chauvin, 20, 243 Genevieve Street, Franklin, LA was arrested on January 8, 2018 at 4:05 pm for the following offenses:
- Improper display of license plate
- Possession of Schedule I (marijuana)
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession of a firearm in the presence of a controlled dangerous substance
A deputy traveling on LA Highway 182 near Yokley Road in the Franklin area conducted a traffic stop on vehicle that did not have a license plate. The deputy identified the driver as Chauvin and smelled the odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. The deputy also observed a shotgun inside the vehicle. While speaking with Chauvin, the deputy learned that there was marijuana inside the vehicle and located a bag of the substance, a grinder, and a pipe used for smoking the drug. Chauvin was transported to the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center for booking. Chauvin was released on a $2,750 bond.
Brandon Durkins, 27, 207 Mallard Street, Morgan City, LA was arrested on January 8, 2018 at 12:59 pm for the following offenses:
- Possession of Schedule I (synthetic cannabinoids) with intent to distribute
- Transactions involving drug proceeds
- 2 counts possession of Legend Drug (hydroxyzine pamoate & cyclobenzaprine) without a prescription
- Violation of a controlled dangerous substance law (drug free zone)
- Possession of a controlled dangerous substance in the presence of a minor
- Warrant for failure to appear on the charges of operating a vehicle not covered by security (no insurance), operating a vehicle without a driver’s license, failure to carry vehicle registration certificate, and improper use of registration
Narcotics detectives and the Morgan City Police Department conducted a search warrant at Durkins residence after developing information that illegal drug activity was taking place at the location. When detectives entered the residence, they observed Durkins on a sofa smoking a synthetic cannabinoid cigar. Durkins was detained. During the search of the property, detectives located a bag of synthetic marijuana, pills, and just over $400 in cash. The money is suspected of being gained through the sale of the illegal synthetic drug. The residence is within the Morgan City Housing Authority and there was a juvenile at the residence. Detectives also located the active warrant for Durkins. He was transported to the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center for booking. No bail is set.
St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office
Public Information Office