In an effort to meet requests from taxpayers, St. Mary Parish Sheriff Mark Hebert expanded property tax payment options. For your convenience, St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office now offers a payment option that allows for credit and debit card transactions online. This new service is being offered in partnership with Value Payment Systems (VPS) and Software & Services.
Credit and debit cards are accepted. A convenience fee based on the number of transactions and total payment amount will be assessed by the payment processing company. Please see the website for detailed fee information.
St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office recognizes that fewer transactions take place using cash or checks and is therefore providing this paperless payment option to taxpayers. Visit http://snstaxpayments.com/stmary and pay using a credit or debit card from the comfort of your home.
Important Information About Your 2017 St. Mary Parish Property Tax Bill
The total amount of your property tax notice is due now and becomes delinquent after DECEMBER 31, 2017 with interest bearing at the rate of 1% per month (12% per annum).
Property owners who have not received tax notices should contact the Sheriff’s Office Tax Department at 337-828-6979 or 985-384-1622. If your taxes are escrowed be sure that your mortgage holder has a copy of the tax notice. Also, please note that the postmark date for mailed payments is not accepted as the date of receipt.
IMPORTANT DATES AND FEES:
- February 1, 2018 – 10% collection fee and a $20 research and tax sale notification fee
- March 1, 2018 – Additional research fee and tax sale notification fee $71.50
- April 2, 2018 – Certified interested party notice of tax sale, $15 per notice
- April 16, 2018 – Fee for publication #1 in official journal $45
- May 1, 2018 – Fees for certified mail and interested party notice plus cost of bankruptcy research and Louisiana Tax Commission change order
- May 14, 2018 – Fee for publication #2 in official journal $45
- June 1, 2018 – Fees for online tax sale costs, filing costs, and notices, $166
- June 5, 2018 – TAX SALE STARTS AT 8:00 AM
To ensure timely receipt please mail early and use any of the following methods:
- Mail (check or money order) to St. Mary Parish Sheriff, P.O. Box 610, Patterson, LA 70392-0610
- Online with a credit card at http://snstaxpayments.com/stmary
- In person (cash, check, money order, or credit card) at the St. Mary Parish Courthouse, 4th Floor, Sheriff’s Office or in person (*CREDIT CARDS NOT ACCEPTED*) at the Morgan City Branch Office located at 1455 Railroad Avenue.
Please make your check payable to ST. MARY PARISH SHERIFF and include your assessment number(s) on the check.
The St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office Tax Department can be reached at 337-828-6979 or 985-384-1622. Questions concerning property tax assessments should be directed to the St. Mary Parish Assessor’s Office.
Currently, there is no option to pay fines online. Fines may be paid in person at either of our offices in Franklin on the 4th Floor of the parish courthouse at 500 Main Street or in Morgan City at 1455 Railroad Avenue. Local checks, cash, and money orders are accepted as payment. If you would like to pay using a credit card, you may only do so by making arrangements through the Franklin office by calling 337-828-6979. There is an additional fee for the pay by credit card service.